Cheesecake and More Snow

Phew! The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of preparing for the holidays, traveling, and keeping up with everyday life. Christmas with Ryan was a great one... my dearest husband got me a Nikon D60 and a Making Memories Slice and I couldn't be happier! I have already shot hundreds of photos (mostly just playing around) and this camera is SO much better than anything I've had before.

We traveled to Maine for Christmas and hung out with my dad's family and then on to mom's house for a few days. I brought a Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake to my dad's... yum! It was a good recipe but the filling wasn't *quite* as firm as I usually like it and the Bailey's was a tad strong so I am going to reduce the Bailey's next time and kill two birds with one stone. Still, it was a great cheesecake:
And now it is New Year's Eve and I really think Mother Nature ONLY makes snow when we have plans. Another 6-8 inches today... so I guess we won't be driving the hour and a half to Amherst to meet with friends. New Year's Eve will be just another night in our house.

1 comment:

n8tvtexan said...

WOW! Looks yummy! Care to share the recipe?? ;)