Deck the Halls: New Year’s Mini Poppers

Y’all, I just could not bring myself to do another Christmas decoration AFTER the big day!  I am already looking forward to toasting friends this Saturday night and (to be honest) I was getting a little antsy to move on from the red and green… this girl needs more COLOR in her life!

So this final Deck the Halls features some super fast and easy mini treat poppers for counting down to 2012. 

DSC_2163-2

We’re going to start with the most basic of “ingredients”… come on… you know you can scrounge up an empty Charmin roll!

DSC_2149

I wanted these to be pretty small so I cut mine in two.  Then cut yourself an 8” wide piece of tissue paper.  It should be long enough to wrap around the tube a couple of times.  Do just that and then tie one end off with twine.  Fill your tube up with goodies (I used Hershey’s kisses) and then tie off the other end.

DSC_2152

Cut a 2” x 6” strip of patterned paper and wrap it around the tube.  Decorate! 

DSC_2157

DSC_2161

I used the Pink Paislee Soiree collection for mine because I needed some bright, celebratory colors in my life!  When I hand these out at our New Year’s countdown my guests will just have to pull at the tissue paper and the chocolate will come spilling out.  That’s a sweet way to start 2012!

7 comments:

Christy said...

That is a great idea! I love them. So bright and pretty.

PaperVine said...

I LOVE these - am going to do it with the kids for New Year's Eve! Great use of the Soiree Collection too :-)

Sarah said...

I love these! If I was getting one, I would go all old lady and unwrap it very carefully so I could save it! LOL! :)

Ryann said...

Super cute idea and design!!

Paper Issues said...

Amen. I started putting away Christmas decorations while people were opening presents. Ready to move on! =) These are super fab, sista!!

curlyqmosaics said...

These look amazing! What a festive idea for new year's, or even for birthday party favors. I love your idea, and they turned out adorable. TFS!!!

LyndaKay said...

Happy New Year, Jess! Thanks for all of the great tips and projects in 2011, including these adorable poppers. All the best to you and your family in 2012!