My Beach Boy

We have had record high temps and low snowfall this year in the Boston area but that hasn’t stopped me from daydreaming of lake trips and sunshine.  We are definitely getting a touch of cabin fever around here! 

So I warmed up my scrap room with a little Wave Searcher from Fancy Pants this week… if I can’t be at the beach at least I can scrap it!

Beach-Boy

I must have been psychic to know my son’s board shorts would match this line perfectly. 

Beach-Boy-detail1
I used very few matching embellishments on this, but cut the paper to add some fun.  My large photo is under the straight line of the wave and I used my craft knife to nestle the journaling spot in the crest. 

Beach-Boy-detail2  Beach-Boy-detail3

I also added some rounded chipboard banner bits along the side of my photo, tied with twine.  I like that these look decorative but not really like your typical banner.  The sun was cut from the journaling card sheet and pop dotted for dimension. 

::sigh:: And we have actual, real, cold snow coming on Thursday so this page is about as close to warm sand as I will be getting for a while!!  If you need a little sun and surf check out more of Wave Searcher!

4 comments:

LyndaKay said...

Love how the smaller photo pops with its white matting. Buttons are adorable and so is the tiny cross stitching. ....another gem....

Saby said...

très jolie page !!!

Lisa said...

So cute...ready for Summer.

Donna Parsley said...

What a cute little boy you have. He's so adorable! His photos added more life to your summer sunshine scrapbooking. This is my fave blog post today! Hehe.