She Art Cards Two Ways

I will admit that these She Art products from Christy Tomlinson for Pink Paislee kinda intimidated me when I first saw them.  All those patterns and colors!  They are too fun to NOT play with, however, so I took the plunge last week and cooked up a couple of cards for my first post on the Pink Paislee blog.

I used a couple of quotes for inspiration but also made it a goal to create two cards that were very www.pinkpaislee.com/2012/02/quotes-she-art-cards-two-ways/different in style. 

My first uses the Parisian Anthology dress form, which was the perfect model for the chipboard and scallop trimmed wings.  My quote “Alis volat propriis” is Latin and translates to “She flies with her own wings”.  I find those words both beautiful and inspiring. 

Wings-card-take-2
Wings-card-detail1
Wings-card-detail2
Wings-card-detail3

With the large piece of vintage crocheted lace and all the romantic, feminine touches this card feels really warm and sweet.  My second card has a totally different vibe.  I wanted to do something clean and simple for my second example.  The quote here is “Every day is the start of something beautiful”.  Taken literally I interpreted that as each day beginning with a glorious sunrise.

Every-day-card
Every-day-card-detail1
Every-day-card-detail2

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

LyndaKay said...

Love the unique sunrays on the card.