Framed Baby Monogram Decor

My best friend is having baby number two TODAY and we are all so very excited for his arrival! She had her baby girl five weeks after I had Owen and the two of them are little besties.  Now I am pregnant with a girl and she is having a little boy… how very picket fences of us!

I will either be visiting them in the hospital tonight or tomorrow and I wanted to bring something homemade for the little guy’s room.  I whipped up this framed monogram in no time:

Colin-Frame

I used Fancy Pants’ Wave Searcher line… which is totally beachy but you would never know it from this project.  The frame and the wooden monogram are from the local craft store. 

Colin-Frame-detail2

Colin-Frame-detail1

The outer mat has been covered in paper and the edges inked.  I painted the wooden monogram in blue first, then distressed it with brown ink.  I covered the front in paper and tied a bunch of twine around the bottom.  The bottom right corner has an accordion circle and the upper left corner has a little chipboard banner. 

They can prop this frame up on a shelf or dresser or hang it on a wall.  Welcome baby Colin!!! You are so loved already!

4 comments:

Paper Issues said...

Fabulous! That twine wrapped at the bottom with the bow is my favorite part. I don't know if I told you but I am having a baby, her name will be Cassie...just in case you wanted to whip something up for "her". <3

PaperVine said...

LOVE this - the colors are fabulous!
No more babies for me :-(
Hope you are feeling well - a little girl - how exciting!! Love from Down Under...

The Nonna said...

So love this - you are always so inspiring!

LyndaKay said...

That touch of wrapped twine really is terrific. Great gift idea. Hope you are feeling well w/ Baby#2 on the way.