A Modern Romantic Ribbon Doily Pillow

What do you do when you are 34 weeks pregnant and are still waiting for your nursery furniture?  You create completely unimportant (but adorable!) accent pillows!

I LOVE a project that looks more complicated than it really is like this one.  I picked up the pillow form, doily, and fabric at Joann’s and the ribbon is 3/8” pink velvet from May Arts.  I am ALL about the velvet!

This little pillow coordinates with the new nursery colors and will sit on a chair.  The vibe of the nursery is “modern romantic”, in pink, black, white, and grey. 

Ribbon-Pillow1

I sewed up the simple cover, inserted the pillow form, and whip stitched the bottom.  The doily has two rows of velvet interwoven.  The outer circle is tied in a bow and for the inner circle I overlapped the ends and left it without a bow. 

Ribbon-Pillow2

I really like the combination of the modern pinstriped grey fabric with the more feminine doily and pink velvet.  The ribbon accent is delicate and girly without being over the top and it is a super easy way to transform a doily into something a little more special!

Ribbon-Pillow3
I can’t wait to see how it looks in the completed room! 

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Love this!! Such a great idea. I'm going to have do this with several pillows for my bed and the couch in the front room.

LyndaKay said...

Oh, you are SO feathering your nest! Can't wait to see the nursery.