A Pretty Party for Pink

I've been scrapping for years for myself and for various design positions and my number one issue has always been with using PINK!  I love all the girly products out there... flowers, pink patterns, ruffles, etc.  But when you have a husband, a son, and three male cats there is hardly ever a chance to scrap with feminine details.  So when my husband and I went for our big anatomy ultrasound with this current baby we were *shocked* an thrilled to hear that she is a girl.  Finally, I get a little PINK!

And this month I got to dive in to girlyness at Right at Home Scrapbooking with the lovely and fresh Pretty Party collection from Crate Paper. I used their June 12x12 sketch:

RAH June Sketch

Pink

Instead of using three 4"x6" photos I shrunk mine down and used a wide strip of the pink striped paper as a mat.  I wanted more room for embellishments and my photos have a repeating motif, which doesn't require them to be that big. 

I fussy cut lots of the floral print paper because I just loved the delicacy of these roses!  I used a regular kitchen doily to mask the area under the die cut paper doily.  I like the softness the misted paint gives the wood grain background and the extra pop under the paper makes that area stand out. 

Pink-detail1
I also added a few button stick pins (so cute!) tied with bits of small velvet ribbon.  This paper just begs for lots of sweet details.

Pink-detail3
Ok, so I am starting small with the actual amount of pink here.  But bear with me… pink practice makes perfect!

2 comments:

Christy said...

I looove the splattered paint. Gorgeous layout :)

mommyx2 said...

This is gorgeous! What products did you use to die cut the paper doily?? thanks!